Eligibility: we are interested in children
● Who want to sing and want to sing well, and have a reasonable ability or promise to do so (should a child need remediation, we’ll be glad to assist, but in a separate arena).
◦ They must also have sufficient attention span to work reasonably well through long rehearsals and concerts (see schedule).
◦ Students are expected to fully master all music presented, and to do so as soon as possible. This will involve home practice with sound tracks (provided as online links, etc.).
● Attendance is a priority, and we hope that all children will attend all rehearsals. If you know you cannot be present for two full rehearsals, we ask that you withhold participation for this cycle. Rehearsal dates can be found on the schedule page.
● Children need to be able to understand and quickly take instruction about singing, diction, and vocabulary (younger students many need a bit of help to fully grasp instruction, but it should be minimal). Experience or training are not specifically required.
● Age: we are not setting firm age limits, though expect most singers will be in the 7/8 - 14/15 age window. The above criteria are the governing concerns, not age.
● We would need to individually evaluate interested boys whose voices have started to change.
(Click on ⊕ to add additional children)
Where/when is the child frequently or regularly engaged in singing – i.e. home, school, congregation, frequent family singing, etc.? Please indicate if these involve regular rehearsals and if so, how long and frequent the rehearsals are (i.e. 60 minutes, every other week, Nov. through Jan.). Please answer separately for each child.
- Please be in touch with any questions by contacting us.