Lyrica Sacra has been presenting programs since 2014, and in looking to further our mission, a children’s choir will be piloted this fall. As a pilot project it will be limited in scope: enrollment will be 25 singers (or less), the amount and difficulty of the repertoire will be restricted, and canvassing will initially be in a small number of churches. A brief public presentation is anticipated the weekend of Nov. 24 (specifics TBD). Should this prove successful, we hope to have a children’s choir participating in the main Lyrica Sacra programs next spring, with the full choir and orchestra.
- Attendance is a priority. In light of the limited rehearsal schedule, we hope that all children will attend all rehearsals. If you know you cannot be present for three full rehearsals, we ask that you withhold participation for this cycle.
- Rehearsal dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 22nd
- Tuesday, October 29nd
- Tuesday, November 12th
- Tuesday, November 19th
- Who want to sing and want to sing well, and have a reasonable ability or promise to do so (should a child need remediation, we’ll be glad to assist, but in a separate arena).
- Who can understand and take instruction about singing, diction, and vocabulary.
- Experience is not specifically required.
- Age: we are not setting firm age limits, though expect most singers will be in the 7/8 - 13/14 age window.
- We would need to individually evaluate interested boys whose voices have started to change.